- Application Procedure for Reimbursement
- Terms and Conditions
- Frequently Asked Questions
Students eligible for this Scheme may apply for the subsidy of $1,000 from the University after they have purchased any of the 36 approved models of notebook computers listed below from the Digital Technology Festival (DTF) 2012. Each student can only apply for one subsidy (see “eligibility” below).
The following categories of CityU students are eligible to apply for the subsidy in NOSS 2012:
- Students admitted and enrolled in a UGC-funded Bachelor’s Degree or a UGC-funded Associate Degree programme in 2012, but had not joined LLS*/NOSS before.
- Students admitted and enrolled in a UGC-funded Bachelor’s Degree programme in 2011, but were not admitted as senior-intake and had not joined LLS*/NOSS before.
Please note that the NOSS is not applicable to students of the Community College of City University (CCCU).
*Student Notebook Computer Long Term Loan Scheme (LLS) was an obsolete scheme.
Application Procedure for Reimbursement
After the DTF 2012, eligible students will be invited by email to apply for the reimbursement of the NOSS 2012. The application period will be announced in October 2012. Any late application or any purchase made after 9 October 2012 (last day of DTF 2012), including the online order, will not be processed.
Eligible students are required to complete and print the online application form available from the AIMS (under ‘Student Services’ tab), and submit the following documents to the FO for processing reimbursement:
- Signed copy of the online application form. By signing the application form, students should have read and agreed to abide by the terms and conditions of the NOSS 2012.
- Copies of the receipt and the delivery note for purchasing the notebook computer at DTF 2012. Please ensure that student name, student number, notebook model and serial number must be shown on the receipt and the delivery note. The FO will not process the reimbursement without a valid receipt and delivery note.
- Bank information copy (e.g. bank statement/deposit card or bank passbook)
Please submit the above documents by hand to the drop-box of the Finance Office (FO) at the following address:
1/F To Yuen Building, Block 2
31 To Yuen Street
The hard copies of the necessary documents must reach the FO by the date to be announced, or the application will not be considered.
The subsidy will be deposited to your designated bank account about 1 month after the form reached Finance Office.
Notebook Ownership Scheme for Students (NOSS) – Terms and Conditions
To encourage the students of the City University of Hong Kong ("the University") to employ IT in learning, the University has implemented the Notebook Ownership Scheme for Students ("NOSS") in which eligible students are subsidized with an amount for their purchased notebook computers ("Computers") from the authorized notebook ownership programmes.
- All eligible students who wish to join the NOSS must apply for the scheme by completing and submitting the designated online application within the period specified by the University. Late applications will not be considered.
- If an application is successful, the amount subsidized by the NOSS will be reimbursed to the bank account specified by the applicant in the on-line application form. The applicant has the sole responsibility for the accuracy of all information including the bank account code entered.
- By completing and signing the application form, the applicant agrees to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of the NOSS stipulated herein.
- The computers subsidized by the NOSS are meant to be used by the students for education and learning purposes; these computers must not be resold to others.
- Students can enjoy this subsidization only once during their current and possible future studies in the University.
- All computer purchases for applying for this scheme and their related agreements entered into are entirely made between the students and the suppliers. All maintenance, repair, loss, support and any dispute related to such purchase and subsequent use of the computers concerned have to be resolved with the suppliers, not the University.
- The uses of the computers subsidized by the NOSS must comply with the University’s prevailing policies, rules, and regulations as well as the laws of Hong Kong.
- The University may reject students’ NOSS applications or stop processing their NOSS reimbursements if their NOSS eligibility statuses have been changed from eligible to ineligible at the time of application or reimbursement respectively.
- The University may require a student to refund the subsidy amount if either the student leaves the University without completing his/her programme of study which is eligible under the NOSS, or any of the terms and conditions stipulated herein is breached or any false information is provided for applying the subsidy. Such refund must be made within 21 days upon the notice is served, or else the University may institute legal proceedings against the student to recover the subsidy and all legal fees incurred.
Approved List of Notebook Models
|NOSS Approved Models||Lenovo Models||HP Models|
|Economy Models||Lenovo IdeaPad G480||HP 1000|
|HP Pavilion dm1|
|Slim Models||Lenovo IdeaPad U310 (i5-3317U)||HP Spectre XT|
|Lenovo IdeaPad U410||HP ENVY 4 (i3)|
|Lenovo ThinkPad X230 (i3-3110M)||HP Elitebook 2170p|
|Lenovo ThinkPad X230 (i5-3210M)||HP ENVY 4 (i5)|
|Lenovo ThinkPad X230 (i7-3520M)||HP Elitebook 2570p|
|Lenovo ThinkPad X131e||HP ENVY 6|
|Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon|
|Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330|
|Performance Models||Lenovo IdeaPad Z480||HP Pavilion g4|
|Lenovo ThinkPad T430 (i5-3210M)||HP Pavilion g6|
|Lenovo ThinkPad T430S (i5-3210M)||HP Probook 4441s|
|Lenovo ThinkPad Edge S430||HP Probook 4740s|
|Sub-notebook Model||Lenovo IdeaPad S206|
|High Performance Models||Lenovo IdeaPad Y480 (i7-3610M)||HP Pavilion dv4|
|Lenovo IdeaPad Y580 (i7-3610M)||HP Pavilion dv6|
|Lenovo ThinkPad T430S (i7-3520M, HDD)||HP Probook 4540s|
|Lenovo ThinkPad W530 (500GB)||HP Pavilion dv7|
|HP Elitebook 8570w|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Where can I find out the application period and deadline for NOSS 2012?
- What should I do in order to reimburse the subsidy?Within the application period, login the AIMS and select `Student Services’ tab, opt for ‘Notebook Ownership Scheme for Students (NOSS) Application’, and follow the instructions to complete the form. You have to print a copy of your application (with signature and date), and submit it together with a copy of the notebook receipt and the delivery note by hand to the drop-box of the Finance Office (FO) at the following address.
1/F To Yuen Building, Block 2
31 To Yuen Street
FO Enquiry telephone no.: (3442 4768)
CSC Enquiry telephone no.: (3442 6284)
- Shall I enter my own bank account in the ‘bank account code’ field?
Yes, you must enter your own bank account in the field. It is not the University’s obligation but your sole responsibility to ensure the accuracy of the bank account code being entered.
- How can I refer to the details of my NOSS application?
You are advised to photocopy a set of the documents submitted to the FO for your own reference. Please ensure that student name, student number, notebook model and serial number must be shown on the receipt.
- What is the deadline for NOSS 2012 application?
To be announced.
- Can I still apply for the NOSS 2012 if I miss the deadline?
No, late application will not be considered.
- How will the subsidy be reimbursed to me?
Normally, the subsidy will be deposited to your designated bank account about 1 month after the signed form, the receipt and the delivery note reached Finance Office.
- If I have bought two or more notebook computers, can I apply for the subsidy twice or more?
Each eligible student can apply for one subsidy only regardless of how many units of notebook computers have been purchased. Moreover, the notebook purchased must be amongst the Approved List of Notebook Models offered by the NOSS partner of the current year, and such purchase must be made within the period as stipulated in the NOSS announcement.
From the NOSS 2012 web site at http://www.cityu.edu.hk/csc/deptweb/services/noss/noss2012/noss2012.htm. The application period for NOSS 2012 will start in October 2012 tentatively.